7.23.2008

Mixed Feelings // Volvo C30 Green Racer


It pains me to say, that as an automotive journalist, avid car guy and all around gear head, I drive a Volvo. You see, I sort of have a love-hate relationship with the Swedish automaker, a relationship that is as diverse and ever-changing as the people I see driving Volvo's. I love that it gets great gas mileage, that I avoid tickets like an eighth grader avoids homework, that it has heated leather seats and can accommodate four of my friends comfortably. While on the other hand, I hate that I feel very mid-management while driving it, that, even with a foot made of solid lead, she doesn't like going beyond 75mph. But what does this have to do with the C30 E85 Ethanol powered race car featured above? Well, the C30 represents both facets of my love-hate relationship. On the one hand, the C30 'Green Racer' has the pleasing aesthetics long since absent from Volvo design centers, a bit funny in the rear, but cool none the less. On the other hand, I am not a huge fan of Ethanol, feeling as though it represents only a temporary fix to a much larger problem. Personal bits aside however, the C30 'Green Racer' is a step in the right direction and will be making its debut in the World Touring Car Championship (WTCC) on July26-27 at Brands Hatch. Though ineligible for points, the C30 is there to show off, drawing attention to both Volvos new hatchback, as well as alternative fueled race cars // 07.23.2008

No comments:

Post a Comment