12.21.2009

MIATA MONDAY // A HOME AWAY FROM HOME

There are few places more important to a motorsport enthusiast than his workshop. A place to indulge in a weeks worth of enthusiasm. A place to entertain silly ideas. A place away from that other place. So when I came across this photo of an MX5 tucked neatly into a garage, wheels off, wrenches and other tools strewn about the place, it reminded me of just how important that place can be.

For me, it was my carport. A place that kept me out of the rain during the long wet winter months. A place that took me away from the weekday and gave me something to look forward to. And while many of my projects never saw the light of day, er, make that the tarmac, it was none the less a place for me to spend my Friday nights. A place for my friends to gather. A place away from that other place... // [comment]

No comments:

Post a Comment