6.12.2009

PARISIAN SNAPSHOTS // TRANSPORTATION IN PARIS

I'd first like to apologize for the delay in posting. The internet at our hotel in Paris was, at its finest, as slow as the internet on my phone. That said, I have been working on a few things these last few days and as I am currently in Le Mans, will be posting some relevant material in the next few hours. For now, follow the link for a look at a few of the different means of transportation I came across while visiting Paris... [read more]

One of the most common forms of transportation on sees in Paris, aside from gasoline powered scooters, are pedal driven bicycles. Rain or shine, Parisian citizens move quickly about the city on their bicycles, often maneuvering through traffic like the aforementioned scooters. This particular gentleman, clad in what appears to be his finest clothes, was riding alongside our car as we neared the Arc de Triomphe.

I spotted this car while walking to Le Louvre. I am uncertain what make or model of car it is, however I noticed a few of them during our stay in Paris.

My fascination with pedaled transport continues. This time I spotted a pair of single speed road bikes chained to a light pole near our hotel in the Opera quarter. While I did not see many fixed or single speed road bikes while in Paris, I must note just how common and convenient bicycles appear to be.

While walking near Notre Dame this well cared for Porsche 356 came rumbling past, its occupants almost certainly on their way to dinner, as it was near that time. Vintage automobiles are common in Paris, with a host of Mini Coopers, Porsches, Renaults, Citroens and others parked neatly amongst the modern metal.

Stay tuned for some additional Parisian Snapshots!

Photo/Editorial: Justin Coffey

2 comments:

  1. The car in the 3rd photo from the top is a Nissan Figaro. Japanese import only... There are a fair few here in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must make it to Paris! Great photos.

    ReplyDelete