3.26.2009

WHAT WE'RE WATCHING // A BIT OF MOTIVATION - GRAND PRIX

One year ago this week, while eagerly awaiting the start of the Formula One season, I found myself desperate for some in-car footage. Opting for the big screen (hey, 42" is better then the laptop), I pulled out my well worn VHS copy of Grand Prix. A few minutes into the first disc, er, tape, I had found my fix. Lapping the Circuit de Monaco at speed, I rode along with Phil Hill, seemingly unaware that this moment would change my life.

No more than a week later, while visiting Pacific Raceways for the SOVREN 'Defrost' (a race that saw both rain and snow!), I was phoned by a friend with a bit of web experience. One thing lead to another, and by the time I hung up the phone I was convinced that I should start my own blog, and leave the restaurant reviews and cocktail critiques to skilled professionals.

With the image of Jean-Pierre Sarti pinned against the Monza banking still fresh in my mind, and my fingers still numb from a COLD track day, it hit me. And now, after 1142 posts and countless hours spent 'blogging,' ColdTrackDays is celebrating its one year anniversary. So this Friday, throw on your copy of Grand Prix, crack open a cold one and celebrate with us // [comment]

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for some of the history of ColdTrackDays. I've been following your blog for awhile and love the content! Keep up the GREAT work!

    ReplyDelete