11.23.2009

LOCAL RIDE // LARRY CHEN'S 1970 240Z

I have owned this car since I was 21 years old. When I bought it, the guy laughed at me because of how old I was and how long he had owned the car, which at the time was 35 years. Z enthusiasts get mad at me for racing such an early model, but I tell them I have never cut into the body and I take great care of it.

Built in late 1969, my 1970 240Z was number 2868 off the assembly line. I built it for the SCCA's Solo 2 Super Street Touring Class. The motor is mostly stock with the exception of headers and a rev limiter, but the the suspension features custom coilovers and I have also installed a Nismo LSD.

Follow the link for a closer look at Larry Chen's 240Z... [read more]








Photo/Editorial: Larry Chen

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! Beautiful car Larry! And kudos for giving it a proper life on the track!

    ReplyDelete