6.07.2010

NEWS // CHRISTODOULOU TO TEST INDY LIGHTS @ MID-OHIO

2009 Star Mazda champion turned GRAND-AM road racer, Adam Christodoulou, has been offered the chance to test an Andersen Racing Indy Lights car on Thursday, June 10 at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. The test, which was made possible by Performance Friction, is part of a previously-announced expansion of the Indy Racing League's 'Road to Indy' program in which the 2009 and 2010 Star Mazda series champions are guaranteed a test with a top Firestone Indy Lights team... [read more]

"I've been an open-wheel racer all my life, so I'm very excited to get back behind the wheel of a single-seater for my test with the Andersen Racing Indy Lights team," says Christodoulou. "And the fact that my time in the car will take place during a private test with several top teams participating will give me a good comparison of my pace against other the top drivers in the series. Right now I'm focused 100% on helping Mazda win the 2010 GRAND-AM GT class, but I'm definitely keeping my options open for the future. The opportunities that arise from being part of the Star Mazda Championship, the Road to Indy and the MAZDASPEED Ladder are much greater than anything that exists in Europe. These programs have provided a huge boost to my career and I would recommend them to any driver who is serious about advancing their ambitions to have a professional career in motorsports."

Image and Info: Star Mazda
Editorial: Justin W. Coffey

No comments:

Post a Comment