6.12.2010

BTCC // LLOYD TO MAKE RACE DEBUT

Daniel Lloyd is set to make his competitive debut in the Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship at the Croft circuit for the next round of the series. Lloyd, who tested the Triple Eight Vauxhall Vectra last month at Rockingham, will join Ian Harrison's ultra experienced squad as teammate to James Nash for at present just a one race deal... [read more]

“It’s absolutely amazing to be making my BTCC debut, a real dream come true”, said Lloyd, “At the start of the year I never thought I’d have the opportunity to test a touring car, let alone to make my race debut in one – and especially with Triple Eight, as far as I’m concerned it’s the best team on the grid. This has all come together so quickly, I’m over the moon and I intend to make the most of it.

“It’s going to be very tough, we’re under no illusions as to how competitive the BTCC is, but I’m confident we can give a good account of ourselves at Croft. I like the track and it’s worked out really well that we have this opportunity at one of my local circuits, hopefully we’ll have plenty of support.”

Further backing is being sought to enable Lloyd to retain the drive for the rest of the season.

Editorial: Neil Tozer
Photo: BTCC

No comments:

Post a Comment