9.14.2010

NEWS // HEIDFELD TO REPLACE DE LA ROSA @ SAUBER

NEWS // HEIDFELD TO REPLACE DE LA ROSA @ SAUBERAccording to our sources, Nick Heidfeld is set to replace Spanish racing driver Pedro de la Rosa ahead of next weekends Singapore Grand Prix. The German driver, who will return to the team he drove for from 2001-2003, and from 2006 to 2009 when it was owned by BMW, has made a total of 120 race appearances for Sauber Motorsport AG, collecting a total of 188 points... [read more]

In a statement released by the team Peter Sauber said:

It was a hard decision for me to make as a team principal and I want to thank Pedro for his professionalism. By signing Nick we have a driver we know extremely well who will help us to further judge the comparative potential of our car.

Heidfeld, who has been conducting tire testing for Pirelli, had this to say:

I’m looking forward like crazy to having the opportunity to go racing again in a good car in Formula One from the Singapore Grand Prix onwards.

After the last months I’m even more motivated than ever. For me it is like coming home, as I raced for seven years in total for the team from Hinwil. Without doubt I will be feeling at home straight away and this should help me to familiarise myself as soon as possible with the car. I want to thank Peter Sauber for the faith he has put in me.


Image and Info: F1Fanatic
Editorial: Justin W. Coffey

No comments:

Post a Comment