3.07.2010

VIDEO // RAIKKONEN CRASHES @ RALLY MEXICO



Yesterday, Finnish F1 driver turned rally racer, Kimi Raikkonen, rolled his Citroen Junior C4 during the Mexican round of the World Rally Championship. Raikkonen's off came near the end of SS7, although he had already fallen back in the order when his fuel system malfunctioned forcing him to stop for more than 30 minutes on SS2... [read more]

"It was very unlucky: the car just slid wide at the end of the stage in a slippery braking area, so we clipped the side of the road and rolled a few times," said Raikkonen.

"I had hoped for some good things from this rally, but it was only my seventh event and I am still learning. It's normal that when you are learning anything you can get caught out by something unexpected and this is what happened to me today."

"My biggest disappointment is that we're not able to continue, as I wanted to have as much time in the car as I could," he said. "I had a really good feeling earlier and I wanted to push to see what we could do. I'm sure we will come back stronger at our next event."

The WRC now heads to the Middle East for the Jordan Rally.

Info: Autosport
Video: YORK Motorsport
Editorial: Justin W. Coffey

No comments:

Post a Comment