12.31.2009

NEWS // RALF SCHUMACHER TO MAKE F1 COMEBACK AS WELL?!

Following news that his brother would return to Formula One in 2010, reports suggest that Ralf Schumacher is now contemplating a similar comeback.

Some three years after he retired from Formula One, and having since raced for Mercedes in the German DTM series, Ralf Schumacher told Germany's Bild: "I feel that my desires to race in Formula 1 are still there. There must be a challenge - it is not about money but what we can achieve with the team. I know that my reputation suffered during my time at Toyota but I left that behind me. I know what I can do and I feel ready to do it again."

Having turned down a seat with one of the new Formula One teams, rumors suggest that Ralf Schumacher is negotiating with Torro Rosso and might replace Jaime Alguersuari, partnering with Sebastian Buemi for the 2010 season... [read more]

While his brother saw nothing but success during his tenure in F1, Ralf Schumacher struggled to find speed and finished his 11 year career with only 6 wins and 27 podium finishes in 180 Grand Prix starts.

That being said, having another Schumacher on the gris in 2010 would be rather interesting...

Photo: Neil Tozer
Info: Autoblog & GP Update
Editorial: Justin W. Coffey

1 comment:

  1. Ralf the Wrecking-ball Schumacher?

    That guy would straight DESTROY like 3 other cars every race.

    ReplyDelete