7.30.2009

RETURN OF THE KING // SCHUMACHER WILL RACE AT EUROPEAN GP

Word has it that Michael Schumacher, seven time Formula One World Champion and current Scuderia Ferrari advisor, will replace the injured Felipe Massa and take the wheel of Ferrari's F60 for the European round of the 2009 Formula One World Championship.

In response to the news, Schumacher posted this on his official website:
"I was meeting this afternoon with Stefano Domenicali and Luca di Montezemolo and together we decided that I will prepare myself to take the place of Felipe.

Though it is true that the chapter Formula 1 has been closed for me since long and completely, it is also true that for loyalty reasons to the team I cannot ignore that unfortunate situation. But as the competitor I am I also very much look forward to facing this challenge."


In a turn of events that few expected, the 2009 European Grand Prix at Valencia looks like it might be the most interesting race of this decade, with Schumacher taking on the likes of current F1 World Champion Lewis Hamilton, as well as Red Bull's Sebastian Vettel and Brawn GP's Jenson Button... Stay tuned! // [comment]

3 comments:

  1. I think this might be the most watched F1 race of all time. Holy shit, I can't wait! I'm not expecting a win or even a podium (though that would be awesome!), but so long as he out qualifies Kimi, I'll be happy! I'm an unapologetic Schumi fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am no a Shumi fan (I am closer to a hater) but man, I would just love to see Shumi kicking some butts :D

    At last we have chance to see what he can do without a car in which even monkey could be the champion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luke (Race Supplies Sydney)August 02, 2009 3:41 AM

    Come on, how about including Webber in that list? He is beating Vettel in the Championship afterall! :)

    ReplyDelete