7.27.2009

EVENTS // PITTSBURGH VINTAGE GRAND PRIX

We received an email from Joseph M. Hagan, a material science engineer at Pennsylvania State University and fan of our work here at ColdTrackDays. He had recently visited the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix and was curious if we'd feature a few of his photos on the site. Always willing to showcase a bit of vintage racing, follow the link for a look at a few of Joseph's photos... [read more]

A beautiful example of Bavarian performance and engineering, this 3.0 CSL, often referred to as the Batmobile, is one of the most impressive BMW's of all time.

The Porsche 356 is a staple at vintage races across the country.

While I am not entirely sure which Bugatti this is, what I do know is that it is rare, and certainly worth a few dollars...

The Austin-Healey 3000, in my opinion, is one of the best looking British roadsters ever built. Ample power, adequate handling and an aesthetic appeal that is hard to beat, it is great to see one on the race track, full speed through the chicane.

I love the look on the drivers face as he navigates the hay bails at speed!

Winner of the 2008 Targa Newfoundland, this 1975(6) BMW 2002 is a great example of what can be done with a vintage race car if prepped and tuned appropriately.

With on track activity as well as a concourse and car show, the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix is a great way to spend a Summer afternoon.

For additional photos from the PVGP, click here

Photo: Joseph M. Hagan
Editorial: Justin Coffey

1 comment:

  1. Woah! Thanks for posting the pictures I took, I had forgotten I e-mailed you guys and when I was browsing the blog today I thought I recognized that Aston Martin! Way cool!

    ReplyDelete