10.30.2008

LEARNING THE LINES // CTD.COM KARTING - PART 3


Our editor was on track again today, running his second practice session with the guys from Seattle Karting Specialties. Prepping for the coming Winter race series at Evergreen Speedway, Mr.Coffey had this to say about his time on track today: "I felt much better this afternoon. Having a couple of weeks off to lick my wounds helped, and with a full day of practice, I certainly felt my confidence level begin to rise. I was taking corners at a much greater speed, at least it felt that way, and with the help of Mr.Garner (see above), I was able to gain some insight into what a proper racing line looks like. I spun a few times, hell, I even had to pull my kart out of the grass once or twice, but I definitely felt more comfortable by days end. I am looking forward to the coming race season, a bit nervous, but overall feeling confident that I can surprise a few people. Practice makes perfect, and I hope to have a few more days on track before I see my first green flag..."

With the SKUSA Vegas Super Nationals but a few weeks away, practice time may be limited until we return, but be sure and stay with ColdTrackDays, as we will continue to cover Justin Coffey's attempt at 125cc TAG kart racing // 10.30.2008

No comments:

Post a Comment